Friday, January 27, 2017


SPRING RUNOFF
8"x10"

Day 27 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge.  If you'd like to see all the paintings in this challenge, check out www.saetastudio.com.   There are artists from all over the globe participating in this challenge. Kind of amazing really.

I have to admit this painting was uphill all the way for me today. It began as a watercolor on gessoed paper.  Then I added texture with an acrylic product called GAC 200, dropping it into wet paint to create the oozes that became rocks beside the waterfall.  When that dried, I began glazing with FW acrylic inks in various colors and painted the sky negatively with a mixture of white acrylic and the inks.  Despite its challenges, it was a fun project and I guess it revealed how anxious I am to hear the rough and tumble of spring runoff from those roadside waterfalls in northern Minnesota. As beautiful as a Minnesota winter is, I look forward to the return of color to the landscape.

Again, thank you for visiting and if you're interested in any of my paintings from this series, they will be $85 until February 1st and usual price after that.  The majority of them are 8"x10".

No comments:

Post a Comment