Friday, January 20, 2017


GATED COMMUNITY
8"x10"
SOLD


Day 20 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge.  I LOVE painting abstractly! This painting evolved from a few loose washes of color. After I used the 'fence looking' stamp, the meaning became clear to me. It looked like a gated community and it stirred a lot of thoughts of what that actually means to me.  Being kind of an introvert (and VERY PASSIONATE about my work), it's very easy for me to isolate myself in the studio and forget the importance and JOY of touching friends and family,,,,so this is a personal cautionary tale.  It also reminded me in this political climate how easy it is to build walls against those who see the world differently than we do and how we shortchange ourselves in the process.  
What began as a watercolor went through several stages.  From watercolor to collage to iridescent and metallic colors to fluid acrylic glazes to brighten up the design.  Love this way of working….a BIG THANK YOU to Karen Knutson for her inspiring lessons on abstraction which started me on this path.


No comments:

Post a Comment