Tuesday, January 10, 2017



Day 9 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days
PAINTING GIRLFRIENDS
8" x 10"

It's a good idea to work outside your normal style from time to time.  Painting wet into wet with lots of soft edges and a wide spectrum of values is my preferred way of working so this whimsical style of prismatic painting with lots of edges is a stretch for me.  It's also a little "cuter" than my usual style, but I've learned a lot about design, balance and creating interesting shapes from these exercises. It's also a good way to try out new color palettes. 

Don't we all just love our painting girlfriends? It keeps us from becoming isolated hermit painters. As an instructor, I'm always amazed how we ALL make each other better artists.  (Don't forget to look for the feather in the painting.) Just a couple more of these girlfriend paintings, then on to some landscapes and even abstracts before the month is out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment