Sunday, January 29, 2017


SPRING BOUQUET
8"x10"

Day 29 - 30 Day Challenge.   This challenge is proof positive that "time flies." The month of January, which usually drags a little,  has just jetted by.  Every day has been a challenge (some more than others). Someone said to me that coming up with a new idea every day would be the most difficult part…and they were right.  I began with a theme in mind, but it didn't take long to be done with that so I've explored several different subjects.  Of course, florals have always been my default, so today I painted an exuberant bouquet for you all to enjoy.  It's all transparent watercolor. What I love is that you can achieve such brilliant color from a traditionally pale and watery medium.  You just have to "dig deep" in those wells of color.  Sometimes it's really good to dig deep.  

No comments:

Post a Comment