Tuesday, January 3, 2017

NATURE'S POETRY






30 PAINTINGS IN 30 DAYS CHALLENGE - 2017

It appears I have a bit of a thing for feathers this new year.  These images might just evolve into birds, eggs, nests and who knows what else. 

Many years ago I began painting as a watercolorist, then evolved into a water media painter for love of the experiment.  I must confess that my truest love is the wet, loosey goosey flow of pigment into puddles and rivers of water.  Soooo…..my intent is to spend most of the 30 days revisiting the beauty of pure transparent watercolor and see where that takes me.  

I also love to collect inspirational quotes (who doesn't?) poems and scriptures, so I'm including one of them with each day's offering. I may not post here on the blog every day, but as often as possible. I will be posting every day on Facebook and on the 30 Paintings in 30 Days website. (www.saetastudio.com)

As an instructor, I find working in series one of the best ways to really tap into that often neglected well of each individual's creativity.  I've always found value in selecting a simple, well loved subject and playing with all its aspects and characteristics using color, line, shape, value and design to seek out all its possibilities and meanings.

  
He alone is great who turns the voice of the wind
into a song
made sweeter by his own loving.

---KAHLIL GIBRAN


No comments:

Post a Comment