Thursday, January 19, 2017



FIELD OF DREAMS
8"x10"

Day 19 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge.  A few days of painting abstractly makes me a happy artist.  I begin these paintings with watercolor washes that set both the design tone for the painting as well as the color plan.  Then I start collaging my Gelli print papers and other bits and bobs to reinforce the design.  I've been experimenting with a product called 'paper clay' to add some texture and dimension and to help define the center of interest area.  Since it's a paper product, you can watercolor paint on it when it's dry or stamp into it while it's wet.  Of course they must be framed differently than traditional watercolor because of their depth.  A shadow box frame works best. So much fun!  Give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment