Tuesday, January 17, 2017



SPRING FEVER
8"x10"

Day 17 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge:  It's true. I'm suffering from a fever.  Spring fever. These next few days the weather man is promising above normal temperatures and it has me thinking Spring. I spent a few minutes this morning perusing the seed catalogues and that only made my temperature rise.  

This watercolor was painted more wet on dry paper, one bloom at a time.  You can see at the top where I began painting the dark background into the still wet flowers to create a soft edge, eliminating that cut out and pasted on look that can happen when you have a flat black background like this one. 

If you see something you love, just a reminder that all my 'Challenge paintings' are for sale and most are 8"x10." The price is $85 plus shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment