Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Featherlight


Day 4 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

I actually fished this one out of the trash this morning.  I had given up on it last evening, but woke up with a new idea to begin abstracting feather shapes and "carving" out those shapes with negative painting.  I've already begun to depart from my original plan to stick with pure transparent watercolor and added some white line with my Molotow pen.  I think it added a little whimsy to the painting.  I guess I've not exhausted this vein of feather paintings yet.  My quote for the day:

"Nature contains all the elements of color, form of all pictures
 as the keyboard contains the notes of all music.
But the artist
is born to pick and choose and group 
with science
these elements."
                          
                                                                            --Whistler

No comments:

Post a Comment