Friday, January 6, 2017


PAINTING BY THE FIRE

It was 11 degrees BELOW zero this morning!  Much as I love painting in my wonderful studio, it just seemed so right to paint here in front of the fireplace these last few cold days.  Actually, almost every room in our house has become a studio at one time or another but now that I'm following the discipline of painting and posting every day for 30 days, it's nice to have a warm cozy spot to paint quickly and simply. 

Here is my last painting from the FEATHER series and it was a very spontaneous watercolor with lots of fresh rich color in the background.  (Indanthrene Blue, Quinacridone Magenta and Cascade Green). It actually reminded me that each of us leaves the 'essence'  of ourselves behind, whatever nest we occupy.   

Here is Day 6 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge:

  
OCCUPIED
watercolor 8"x10"




No comments:

Post a Comment